By popular demand Pigeon Post is holding another photographic competition in 2018.
There are two age categories:
Junior: Up to 16 years old on 1st June 2018
Senior: Over 16 years old on 1st June 2018
The Rules are as follows:
- Photos must have been taken in Starston, or in any parish that shares a border with Starston, sometime between September 2017 and August 2018.
- Each person can enter up to a maximum of 3 photos but each will be judged as a single entry (i.e. not as a group). Multiple entries will be grouped with a code letter so the judge knows they come from the same photographer but all entries will be anonymous.
- Each photo must have a title and must be a single photo. It may be cropped if necessary but composite pictures will not be permitted.
- Entries should be printed (maximum size A4 but 10” x 8” preferred ). Please see Notes below for printing options if you prefer not to do this yourself.
- An entry form with the photographer’s name and a title for the picture must accompany each separate photo. We would like to know what kind of device was used to take the picture. This information will NOT be passed to the judge.
- Anyone who has ever sold a photograph for money is not eligible to enter.
- The closing date for entries is 31st August 2018.
As last year, the main competition will be judged by Frances Crickmore, wildlife photographer for the EDP. There will also be a village photo prize which will be judged on Saturday 29th September 2018 when all the photographs will be displayed in the Jubilee Hall. Anyone who comes can vote for their favourite one.
There will be up to 3 prizes in each category. £20 for the winner, £10 for the runner-up and a discretionary third prize of £5, providing we have a reasonable number of entries, for both the main competition and the village competition. Winning entries will appear in Pigeon Post and on the Starston Village website.
Photos, together with an Entry Form, should be sent to Michael Bartlett by post or hand-delivered to: The Red Cottage, The Street, Starston, IP20 9NN
Click HERE to download an Entry Form. hardcopy forms are also available from Michael Bartlett or Sue Moore.
Notes: Printing Your Pictures
Although you are welcome to print your photos yourself we have also arranged an alternative with Robinson’s Traditional Stationers of Harleston. Your photographs can be taken in on a data stick or on your device, or they can be emailed to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
If emailed they should be of as high a resolution as possible, i.e. they should not be compressed before sending. Let Kieren know that they are for the Starston Photo Competition and if there are any special instructions. He’s happy to discuss your requirements and process them while you wait.
They can be printed to any size: an 8×10 costs £1.60
Payment on collection.
Please beware of our deadline and don’t expect him to print them all on 31st August!!
Return to the Pigeon Post Home Page